Sushi Roll Class
July 9 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm| £65.00
Master the ancient art of sushi preparation in this step-by-step class with Japanese chef, Noriko Tanaka. Firstly, you will learn how to make classic premium white sushi rice, then make your own rolled sushi with your favourite fillings such as salmon sashimi with avocado, spicy tuna with avocado. Beside rolled sushi, you will also learn to make different kinds of nigiri and aburi (seared salmon nigiri).
About Noriko Tanaka – Noriko is a highly skilled professional sushi chef. After completing her art degree in sculpture at The Slade School of Fine Art, Noriko joined the acclaimed Nobu Park Lane’s kitchen and worked there as a sushi chef for 10 years. After her experience at one of London’s best sushi restaurants, she decided to open her own sushi bar Sakeya in Pop Brixton in 2017.
Half day course hands on course. Includes – tuition from a professional chef, all ingredients, laminated recipe cards, aprons, boxes to take your Sushi home in, and even someone to wash up!
• Classic white sushi rice (using premium “koshihikari” rice from Japan)
• Knife skills – how to slice fish fillets for nigiri sushi and maki sushi.
• Hoso maki (classic rolled sushi with favourite fillings using a bamboo mat)
• Ura maki (inside-out rolled sushi with spicy raw tuna and avocado)
• Te maki (corn-shaped sushi roll with favourite fillings such as raw salmon with avocado)
• Nigiri sushi (oval-shaped sushi rice with toppings such as salmon)
• Aburi sushi (oval-shaped sushi rice topped with seared salmon)